•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

QHY Narrowband Filters

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 natwin

natwin

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Colorado

Posted 17 April 2021 - 12:51 PM

I noticed recently that various retailer are packaging the QHY600M with QHY branded filters, including 3.5nm narrowband. These are 50mm round filters and would be a good price as part of a package deal. There's nothing on the QHY site that has information about these filters. Does anyone have any experience with them, or know where there some information on the web?

#2 leviathan

leviathan

Viking 1

• Loc: Azerbaijan

Posted 17 April 2021 - 01:21 PM

It's Antlia, not QHY.

#3 my-spot

my-spot

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: South East Michigan

Posted 17 April 2021 - 03:14 PM

I have some 36mm QHY branded Ha Sii Oiii filters I got 5 or 6 years ago. They are only 12nm and had acceptable performance. Interestingly, each one came with an individually generated transmission graph.

#4 natwin

natwin

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 19 April 2021 - 11:39 AM

It's Antlia, not QHY.

That's interesting, because the package deals offered by various retailers make no mention of Antlia filters. But I checked and 3.5nm narrow band filters were indeed made by Antlia, but are now discontinued. So perhaps retailers found a way to sell the remaining stock of the discontinued product.

All this begs the question: How do they perform? Anyone have any experience with Antlia 3.5nm narrow band filters? Spectral response? Reflections and halos?

#5 leviathan

leviathan

Viking 1

• Loc: Azerbaijan

Posted 19 April 2021 - 10:26 PM

Just search for "Antlia" in this sub-forum, there are plenty of topics and results.

#6 natwin

natwin

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 22 April 2021 - 08:15 PM

Yup, tracked them down and read enough to get a good idea. Thanks

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics