•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Spacek 6" Newtonian reflector--vintage--rare

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 habsburg8

habsburg8

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:10 PM

One of my favorite sites to browse, other than cloudynights, is www.craigslist.com (the world's largest online classified shopper). In the course of a year thousands of used telescopes, many of them vintage and highly collectible, show up on that classified shopper. Unitron, Meade, Swift, Manon, Tasco, VERNONscope, Cleveland Astronomics, Criterion, Cave Astrola, you name it, eventually makes its way to the listing. Several weeks ago a rare Spacek 6-inch Newtonian showed up on the Denver listing (August 23, 2006). Great pictures of a fine vintage scope (I am not the seller of that scope, nor do I know nothing about it other than noticing the ad on craigslist.) The asking price on that website is $175 along with eyepieces and motor drive. Has anyone in the Denver area inspected that particular scope, and what is their opinion of it?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics