•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Help! Need images of raised deck telescope platforms

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 astrobeast

astrobeast

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: Milford, CT

Posted 18 April 2021 - 11:21 AM

All,

Will be doing a major reno on our home and have the opportunity to build a deck off side of the second floor to place telescope platform. Sort of like a balcony off to the side where you could stand (not enough room for a full up covered observatory) with a pier coming up from the ground through the center. I would build a small enclosure for the telescope that would be removed for observing.

I'm looking for images to show the architect and for the life of me, after spending hours on Google images, despite many combos of the various words, turning up nada. Even a search on this forum is not finding me much. I've seen a number of examples over the years, just not able to find them now. I can't even find an image to place in this post!

Hope this is clear. Would greatly appreciate any examples people have. I going to continue to look and I'll edit this post when I get something that looks close to what I'm looking for.,

Thanks!!

#2 TeslaTrek

TeslaTrek

Vostok 1

Posted 19 April 2021 - 06:30 PM

I just posted a about a dozen images of my first observatory.

Obs Demo 4
Album: Observatory V 1.0
14 images
0 comments

#3 astrobeast

astrobeast

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: Milford, CT

Posted 20 April 2021 - 08:46 AM

I just posted a about a dozen images of my first observatory.

Thanks for this. Do you have an actual link so I can view the images better?

Rick

#4 TeslaTrek

TeslaTrek

Vostok 1

Posted 22 April 2021 - 05:38 PM

I thought I provided the link but obviously not.  Sorry.  When I select my album it says its visible to all members.  

Obs Demo 4
Album: Observatory V 1.0
14 images
0 comments

#5 TeslaTrek

TeslaTrek

Vostok 1

Posted 22 April 2021 - 05:39 PM

Ahh.  you must double click just the image in the "cartouche" provided in my reply.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics