•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Have New Sky Watcher .77x Reducer-Flattener for Esprit 120ED

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 barbarosa

barbarosa

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: 139 miles W of the Awahnee Hotel

Posted 18 April 2021 - 07:56 PM

My first impression is heavy, it comes in at just over 2 pounds (.9kg). The second impression is nicely made. The third impression is that it goes on the scope with out fuss. Take off the flattener and screw on the reducer-flattener.

The next impression, the one that counts the most is it works and works well with an ASI2600Pro, Sensor: Sony IMX571 Diagonal: 28.3mm, Image area: 23.5*17.5mm. 

The image circle is 34mm for the 120mm Esprit. The camera side is M48 x .75 and the back focus is 55mm, just right for the included spacers in the box with the 2600. You have the option to fit a custom adapter. Adapters are available for the Esprit 150mm and the Evostar 150 ED.

Did I say it weighs in at 2 pounds?

The only direct comparisons I can make are to a TV-85 with a TV .8x reducer - flattener and the Starizona Apex on an Esprit 120 ED. The Apex had obvious vignetting due I am told, to Starizona' s failure to test the Apex on a 120 or to provide early customers with what is now a required and extra cost extension tube. The best that I can do is to say that it is as good or better than the TV setup and that I do not see any shortcomings.

It works nicely with the L-Enhance which is about all I've had a chance to try.

Bottom line-- I like it and I am going to keep it.smile.gif

Edited by barbarosa, 18 April 2021 - 07:56 PM.

• Ken K Astro likes this

#2 ZL4PLM

ZL4PLM

Vendor Affiliate - ZWO Product Dev Team Member

• Vendor Affiliate
  • Loc: Darfield, New Zealand

Posted 18 April 2021 - 08:43 PM

hoping they bring out one for the 100 too 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics