•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Does Optolong L-extreme filter fit inside the Baader Protective T-Ring ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Andre Moutinho

Andre Moutinho

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Posted 18 April 2021 - 08:51 PM

Hello all,

Does anyone know if the Optolong L-extreme 2" filter fits inside the Baader Protective T-Ring ?

The manual says that a low profile Baader filter can fit inside it. Does not mention if other filters are compatible.

Best

Andre

#2 the Elf

the Elf

Soyuz

• Loc: Germany

Posted 19 April 2021 - 09:01 AM

According to Baader's web site the low profile filters are 6mm thick. Took a quick look and I'd say there is almost another 1mm gap. Optolong calls it "ultra thin filter cell". From what I see in the image it is not higher than the Baader. So, very likely yes, but I have not tried.

#3 kel123

kel123

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 19 April 2021 - 09:16 AM

Hello all,

Does anyone know if the Optolong L-extreme 2" filter fits inside the Baader Protective T-Ring ?

The manual says that a low profile Baader filter can fit inside it. Does not mention if other filters are compatible.

Best
Andre

Once the cell is less than 6mm in thickness , it can fit. I have used two different 2" filters from different manufacturers, including optolong L-Pro and they fit. The optolong filter should fit as it seems thinner that the Baader filter. But it never hurts to confirm the thickness of the optolong filter cell.

#4 Andre Moutinho

Andre Moutinho

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Posted 19 April 2021 - 09:26 AM

Thanks for the reply!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics