•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sun's Up Over Down Under April 19th & AR2816

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 peterm

peterm

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia

Posted 18 April 2021 - 10:26 PM

Well, the skies here are clear but the seeing is fairly soso with a hefty jeststream compared to last week. Seeing is king but not today. But with a bit happening on old Sol I had to have a squizz (Aussie for have a look). So here is around 38 minutes of animation on AR2816 in single stack, pretty ordinary but there's always tomorrow and the next day..

Tried the Hinode for first time, powers up to hand paddle etc up but doesn't want to talk to laptop, suspect the active 10m extension usb and non active 2m usb to Hinode don't like each other. Made some changes, will try again tomorrow. 

https://www.dropbox....0728am.gif?dl=0

Thanks for looking.

Peter

Attached Thumbnails

• 0734_a - Copy.jpg

Edited by peterm, 19 April 2021 - 02:15 AM.

• R Botero, hopskipson, mikerepp and 2 others like this

#2 MAURITS

MAURITS

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: Belgium

Posted 19 April 2021 - 01:11 AM

Very nice image Peter.

• peterm likes this

#3 rigel123

rigel123

Hubble

• Loc: SW Ohio

Posted 19 April 2021 - 05:52 AM

Nice Peter, you caught a bit of flare activity around that AR!  Curious as to why you are using the hand paddle instead of the software that you can use to control the Hinode.  You get a lot more info and better control with that.

• peterm likes this

#4 peterm

peterm

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 April 2021 - 06:58 AM

Nice Peter, you caught a bit of flare activity around that AR!  Curious as to why you are using the hand paddle instead of the software that you can use to control the Hinode.  You get a lot more info and better control with that.

Hi Warren, today was my first attempt with the Hinode. This animation didn't use the Hinode.

I wanted to make sure it was working first with the hand paddle and yes per your excellent guide things worked as expected. So then tried connecting via software but wouldn't connect to the usb. I am hoping the 2metre supplied usb when connected to the 10metre active usb maybe the issue and will try a 10cm cable from Hinode to 10m active. If not what am I missing, do I need any drivers for Windows 10? I have loaded the Hinode software it auto defaults com3 but won't connect? So if there is anything else I need?

Thanks indeed

Peter

Edited by peterm, 19 April 2021 - 07:01 AM.

#5 mikerepp

mikerepp

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Harwood Heights, Illinois, dark site Manistique, Michigan in UP

Posted 19 April 2021 - 09:00 AM

Very nice image Peter!   Well done!

#6 PhotonJohn

PhotonJohn

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: Lake Ahern Observatory Viera Florida

Posted 19 April 2021 - 09:00 AM

Nice and steady Peter, well done.

#7 rigel123

rigel123

Hubble

• Loc: SW Ohio

Posted 19 April 2021 - 08:46 PM

Hi Warren, today was my first attempt with the Hinode. This animation didn't use the Hinode.

I wanted to make sure it was working first with the hand paddle and yes per your excellent guide things worked as expected. So then tried connecting via software but wouldn't connect to the usb. I am hoping the 2metre supplied usb when connected to the 10metre active usb maybe the issue and will try a 10cm cable from Hinode to 10m active. If not what am I missing, do I need any drivers for Windows 10? I have loaded the Hinode software it auto defaults com3 but won't connect? So if there is anything else I need?

Thanks indeed

Peter

If you have multiple equipment plugged in does it list additional Com Ports?  When I have my SSM plugged in as well as the Hinode I always have to change the Com Port it defaults to.

#8 Stickman

Stickman

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Southwest Idaho

Posted 19 April 2021 - 09:39 PM

Very nice Peter.  Some good action in the animation.  Good on ya

• peterm likes this

#9 peterm

peterm

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 April 2021 - 10:25 PM

Very nice Peter.  Some good action in the animation.  Good on ya

....... there's an Aussie in there somewhere, I am betting?

#10 Stickman

Stickman

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Southwest Idaho

Posted 19 April 2021 - 11:24 PM

I worked with someone from Sidney.....

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics