•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Theskyx pro and ASCOM

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ccvle

ccvle

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 18 April 2021 - 10:26 PM

Wondering if anyone can help me figure out how to connect my MyT mount via ASCOM in TheskyX pro. I already have the ascom2x driver installed. In the choose telescope setting, I can choose and select the sky driver but if I try to connect it, the thesky application would just freeze. Did I make the right selection when choosing the telescope or should I have selected software bisque then "teleapi" ? Do I need to change the usb com port setting ?

#2 DS INC

DS INC

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 18 April 2021 - 10:50 PM

MyT mount in TSX via Ascom, you cant do that.  In TSX you must connect the the mount to the MyT.

Wanting Ascom to be a layer implies you are using a 3rd party to control the mount, what is it?  ACP, SGP or are you using PHD2 to attemt to guide., oh multi star guiding, yeah that is new, right.

If that is what you're trying to do you must connect (from the 3rd party app) to the Ascom telescope driver for the sky.

#3 ccvle

ccvle

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 19 April 2021 - 10:39 AM

MyT mount in TSX via Ascom, you cant do that.  In TSX you must connect the the mount to the MyT.

Wanting Ascom to be a layer implies you are using a 3rd party to control the mount, what is it?  ACP, SGP or are you using PHD2 to attemt to guide., oh multi star guiding, yeah that is new, right.

If that is what you're trying to do you must connect (from the 3rd party app) to the Ascom telescope driver for the sky.

So in TSX, I should continue to select software bisque ->MYT as my telescope. Then in PHD2, select the TheSky ASCOM driver?

#4 DS INC

DS INC

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 19 April 2021 - 12:24 PM

Yes, in PHD2 you would select ASCOM Telescope Driver for TheSky.

#5 dmdouglass

dmdouglass

Vanguard

• Loc: Tempe, AZ

Posted 19 April 2021 - 04:24 PM

Important point here. Software Bisque has released the 64-bit bit version of TheSkyX-Pro. Unfortunately, as of now, there is NO 64-bit ASCOM driver available. Thus, if you  NEED ascom, then for now, you MUST stay with the 32-bit version, which currently is still supported.

No estimate on if/when the 64-bit ASCOM for TheSkyX will be released. Apparently NOT developed by Software Bisque, but rather a 3rd party.  There are many of us waiting........

#6 ccvle

ccvle

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 19 April 2021 - 07:54 PM

Yes, in PHD2 you would select ASCOM Telescope Driver for TheSky.

It worked and and it was.... easy. I read the instructions a dozen times, but for what ever reason I always interpreted that I need to connect ascom in thesky. So if I understand correctly, third party app like PHD2 is not communicating directly with the mount, but with thesky via ASCOM ?

Thanks for the help!

#7 DS INC

DS INC

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 19 April 2021 - 10:19 PM

Yep, you got it, the 2x mount adapter makes a Paramount look like an Ascom mount. 

Yes, stick with 32 bit TSX as well, 64 is really only needed if you have a tiny pixel large chip camera (for the memory). 

Also if you ever install a copy of TSX on another computer make sure to run TSX as administrator one time to register com so 3rd party software can connect.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics