•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Polishing 6 inch f/11

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#201 mazdak

mazdak

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 July 2021 - 11:40 AM

What dogbiscuit in post #76 said about triming the edge of the lap does not work for me. Maybe because of my soft peach. All the problems occur in the cold press step. Mel Bartels in his web site describes a method of polishing without needing to cold press. 

Edited by mazdak, 24 July 2021 - 01:15 PM.

#202 Pinbout

Pinbout

ISS

Posted 24 July 2021 - 01:51 PM

Maybe because of my soft peach

That sounds a little, TMI …lol.gif

• mazdak likes this

#203 dogbiscuit

dogbiscuit

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Barksdale

Posted 24 July 2021 - 02:18 PM

What dogbiscuit in post #76 said about triming the edge of the lap does not work for me. Maybe because of my soft peach. All the problems occur in the cold press step. Mel Bartels in his web site describes a method of polishing without needing to cold press. 

Well just trim the edge of the lap vertically with a razor or do it like Astrokhan did it.

Look at post 47 here.

https://www.cloudyni...-testing/page-2

• mazdak likes this

#204 mazdak

mazdak

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted Today, 02:58 AM

Today I did some W-strokes to smoothing the zones with the new lap. and it was successful. In post #188 can be seen some irregularities in the center of mirror. better pic will be posted tonight.

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture_00001.jpg

Edited by mazdak, Today, 03:00 AM.

• davidc135, dogbiscuit and chantepierre like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics