•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Measurements of Dobsonian Bases

Dob Equipment Mount Outreach Reflector
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Farpoint

Farpoint

Vendor (farpointastro.com)

• Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Rancho Cordova, CA

Posted 20 April 2021 - 11:25 AM

Hello all,

We're developing an expanded line of JMI Wheeley Bars, designed for dobsonians, and it would be very helpful to get a few measurements from the community. We're interested in dobs ranging in size from 8" to 16", from all the major manufacturers (SkyWatcher, Meade, Orion, Apertura, Zhumell, etc). If you choose to participate, we will give you a discount on the line of Wheeley Bars when they become available. Just mention in your order that you supplied measurements for the development of the product, and we'll verify that you sent us photos.

To take the measurements, turn the base of the dobsonian upside-down and lay a tape measurer across the center of the bolt. Then take a photo from a decent distance away (to negate the effects of perspective), and email the photo to me at ben@opticalstructures.com. The higher resolution the image is, the better, which is the reason I'm asking you to email them instead of upload them to CloudyNights, since you're only allowed to upload very small files here.

I will attach and example photo.

We would greatly appreciate your participation!

Best regards,

Ben Fields

Attached Thumbnails

• DobBase.jpg

#2 wrvond

wrvond

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: West Virginia

Posted 20 April 2021 - 11:39 AM

Orion SkyQuest XT10g sent. waytogo.gif

#3 Farpoint

Farpoint

Vendor (farpointastro.com)

• Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Rancho Cordova, CA

Posted 20 April 2021 - 03:27 PM

I see it, thank you!

Best,

Ben Fields

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dob, Equipment, Mount, Outreach, Reflector

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics