•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Reusing Meade Hand controller

Equipment Meade DIY Mount Orion
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GuyG

GuyG

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 21 April 2021 - 10:29 AM

I'm currently building an automated Goto Mount using OnStep and wanted to repurpose a Meade controller (from an ETX 125) that I have on hand.  (see attached image).

Is anyone familiar with the pinout of this controller?  Have a schematic or drawing?

Has anyone attempted this?  Any feedback is appreciated,

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• Meade Controller.jpg

#2 Couder

Couder

Viking 1

• Loc: Mansfield, Missouri in the Ozarks

Posted 21 April 2021 - 10:32 AM

Would this suit your purposes better?

Attached Thumbnails

• 20151229_144420.jpg
  • 20151229_144433.jpg

#3 ccs_hello

ccs_hello

Voyager 1

Posted 21 April 2021 - 11:35 AM

I'm currently building an automated Goto Mount using OnStep and wanted to repurpose a Meade controller (from an ETX 125) that I have on hand.  (see attached image).

Is anyone familiar with the pinout of this controller?  Have a schematic or drawing?

Has anyone attempted this?  Any feedback is appreciated,

Thanks

This handbox runs special Meade protocol (I2C-"like") which communicates with the motor contrller inside the mount.

In another word, NO GO.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Equipment, Meade, DIY, Mount, Orion

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics