I am just starting to use SkyWave for collimation. Remarkable software. I have a few questions if there some users out there.
1. Using a OSC camera. I am taking pictures that I hope are within the parameters set by the software. I use nebulocity to extract the red channel and use that for the wave analysis. I have not been able to find a way to get live images analysed and I am under the impression that I should be able to. Can someone clarify? My initial results are very ugly but that was expected.
2. If I need a live feed from my SX25C camera in monochrome, can the raw undebayered image be used or do I have to do something like use a filter (all I have are NB filters. Can I use one of those?) and change the raw fits to a debayered fits?
3. I use a ASI1600MM pro for the autoguide camera. Should I swap the ASI1600MM pro for the SX25C OSC camera? I was hoping to avoid such a labor intensive undertaking.
4. I experimented last night and have 4 exposures of the same star and same settings. They give me 4 different solutions. They are 10 second exposures. Is this purely seeing? Do I need to make these longer like 20 seconds or more?
5. I am using a C14 EdgeHD in which I removed the corrector a few years ago for cleaning. I noted a trefoil aberration and I am wondering if I might have tightened the set screws too tight when I returned the corrector. What are your thoughts?
6. I have a Optec FastFocus so I have no spider but I have a thin cable from the secondary fastfocus to the edge of the tube. It is not a straight line but slightly curved and runs at a small angle from perpendicular from the optical axis. Will this confuse the solution?
Thanks in advance.
Edited by George P Dunham, 21 April 2021 - 02:35 PM.