•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Atik EFW3-7 filter wheel won't connect

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 duck

duck

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: madera ca

Posted 21 April 2021 - 01:12 PM

I recently bought the filter wheel and downloaded the software per the instructions given.  Win10 reports the device is installed and ready to go.  Unfortunately, multiple applications (Dusk, Artemis, Filter Runner, MaximDL using Ascom) find no filter wheel.

Have been in contact with Atik for about a week with no resolution.  Bought the wheel from OPT and the boilerplate support response from Atik says to contact the dealer first.  Called OPT and listened to their recording for 10 minutes, then gave up.

Anybody got the same issue?  Anybody resolved this one?

#2 duck

duck

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: madera ca

Posted 26 April 2021 - 11:51 AM

Getting somewhat frustrated with this problem.  Reluctant to yell at the dealer and manufacturer, since with devices you never know what could cause a connection issue.  However, MS not getting its fee to from a manufacturer, or the manufacturer not keeping up with the ever evolving device interface requirements seems to be pretty common.

I bought a Canon 20Da years ago and was quite happy with it for a while.  I used ImagesPlus to control (somewhat) the camera from a computer.  Then Mike Unsold decided not to keep up with the fee and interface requirements.  The camera could no longer be controlled through a USB port, rendering it useless at the Newtonian focus of my fork mounted Newt/Cass.  Too high up.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics