I am looking at an orange tube C8 on the original fork mount. Best guess a 1980 model. Here are some details:
- No power cord, so cannot test the drive
- Has a black Celestron 50 mm RA finder without the illuminated reticle eyepiece
- Missing the declination knob, and the Dec motion using the shaft is tight
- It is mounted on a black slightly later model tripod with wedge, and needs some help
- Optics look clean with a visual inspection and focuser is smooth
- Fork mount motions and locks are good
- Did notice a bit of vibration from wind gusts
- Cosmetically clean for the age.
Price is $450. A new cord will be around $20 + shipping, the other items assuming good are just time and a few bucks here and there. Is this a good price?
Edited by 4Texans, 24 April 2021 - 07:41 PM.