•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Full(ish) moon with a DSLR and C9.25" SCT

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tulloch

Tulloch

Gemini

• topic starter
  • Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Posted 01 May 2021 - 02:13 AM

Another full disc image of the moon, taken on April 29th with my Canon 700D, Meade f/6.3 reducer, a 15mm spacer and C9.25" SCT which just accommodates the full moon on the chip. I tried a similar setup previously with my 6" SCT but the resolution available with the larger aperture is significantly greater. 

16/20 full sized frames stacked in AS!3, sharpened in Registax, post processed in Photoshop with the size reduced to fit on CN. Since I don't have a large sensor astro-camera, I think this is my best method for capturing the full disc, there is a good amount of detail available at a smaller scale without going to extreme lengths of mosaicing a lot of small frames together.

Andrew

Attached Thumbnails

• moon_oldred_AS_P80_lapl6_ap121 C925Moon4 ps1sm1400.jpg

• bill w, Kenny V., jimsmith and 9 others like this

#2 N7XW

N7XW

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Westport, WA

Posted 26 May 2021 - 12:43 PM

That's a great photo. I'm just getting back into AP and would be more than satisfied with that image.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics