•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jason Explorer 60mm 1967+/- broken fork

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jeffreym

jeffreym

Messenger

• topic starter
  • Loc: La Crosse, WI

Posted 01 May 2021 - 08:02 PM

I picked this little thing up, knowing it had issues.  Anyway, the fork arm is broken and one of the box latches is also broken.  Wondering if anyone would know of a source for either of these parts?  I put it in some rings and took it outside last night and the view was not too bad!  So, hopefully I can find the problem parts.

Thanks for any help!

Jeff

Attached Thumbnails

• Jasson Explorer 60mm sm.jpg
  • Jasson Explorer 60mm broken fork sm.jpg
  • 60mm left latch sm.jpg

• Piaget likes this

#2 Piaget

Piaget

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Eastern Missouri

Posted 01 May 2021 - 09:00 PM

I have the complete Assembly you need. Yoke mount & base & all slow motion controls. You can have it for nothing. Let me know ... It is from a Jason explorer I cannabilized for parts years ago ... Here is the assembly ... 020210501_211052.jpg

Edited by Piaget, 01 May 2021 - 09:16 PM.

• DreamWeaver, cookjaiii, jeffreym and 2 others like this

#3 jeffreym

jeffreym

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 01 May 2021 - 09:17 PM

I have the complete Assembly you need. Yoke mount & base & all slow motion controls. I can post a picture here if you want it. You can have it for nothing. Let me know ... It is from a Jason explorer I cannabilized for parts years ago ...

Piaget,

That is very kind, thank you.  Let me know how much you want for the shipping. Just PM to me your details.

Take care,

Jeff

#4 MisterDan

MisterDan

Ranger 4

• Loc: Colorado

Posted 01 May 2021 - 09:21 PM

Kudos to Piaget!

I have an Explorer, too, Jeffrey, and its objective is very good.  Sincere hopes yours is just as good or even better.  (If you're curious, I can forward an observing report I made with my own Jason, back during the 2003 Mars apparition.)

Best wishes and luck with your Explorer..

Dan

• jeffreym likes this

#5 jeffreym

jeffreym

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 01 May 2021 - 09:30 PM

Kudos to Piaget!

I have an Explorer, too, Jeffrey, and its objective is very good.  Sincere hopes yours is just as good or even better.  (If you're curious, I can forward an observing report I made with my own Jason, back during the 2003 Mars apparition.)

Best wishes and luck with your Explorer..

Dan

I put it on a couple of double stars including Castor and SHJ 70 and was not disappointed.  I also put it on Mars,  just a red-orange disk at this point.

Jeff

#6 jeffreym

jeffreym

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 05 May 2021 - 06:41 AM

I had the 60 Explorer out this morning set up along side my 127 Mak.  Looking at Jupiter the view was nearly identical.  The little scope performs well!

Jeff

• DouglasPaul likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics