•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Do you recommend buying Pempro for a LX200gps?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Julian Sanz

Julian Sanz

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 04 May 2021 - 04:23 AM

Hi, I have a lx200gps, and the meade fork mount. I believe that the mount has a large periodic error, and backlash. I now guide with a 72 Ed tube mounted on top of the meade, and give me an RMS of + - 2 Arc / sec.

My question is for all of you who, having an lx200, have used Pempro ... Is it really worth spending the money on that program? Is there a clear improvement in practice with Pempro?

Thank you very much to all

#2 Daveatvt01

Daveatvt01

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Tucson, Az

Posted 06 May 2021 - 09:12 PM

Hi,

If you don’t get any responses here, you might try posting in one of the astrophotography subforums. Also if you open up your question there to anyone using that program with a fork mounted sct or something else slightly more generic you might get some helpful, though less specific feedback.

#3 osbourne one-nil

osbourne one-nil

Vanguard

• -----
  • Moderators
  • Loc: Cumbria, England 54.5ºN 2.5ºW

Posted 07 May 2021 - 01:16 AM

Locking this as I see you've posted the same question in Mounts where you're getting responses. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics