•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mak my day

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Danoglide63

Danoglide63

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: 28027

Posted 04 May 2021 - 04:52 PM

Hi everybody!

From experienced people I get good answers, I’m using an ASI533MC pro on my 152 mm MakNewton at the moment but galaxies are too small so I wonder if you have a Mak and like me dabble in AP how is it working out? On astronomy.tools it looks pretty darn good! Oh, I’m suffering from having an AVX mount at the moment. 

Thanks,

Dano

#2 luxo II

luxo II

Soyuz

• -----
  • Loc: Sydney, Australia

Posted 04 May 2021 - 05:18 PM

Well, I have the same camera and two maks both f/12, a reducer and a Barlow.

The reducer is a 2” 0.5X from TS, it works ok giving f/6 with the MK66. On the 10” mak I’m experimenting with that at f/12, so much longer than you’re using. Take dozens of short subs (under 1 minute) and stack them.

For best results on moon and planets you’ll need to pushthe focal ratio up to f/18-20 using a Barlow…
  • Danoglide63 likes this

#3 nfotis

nfotis

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Athens, Greece

Posted 05 May 2021 - 11:43 AM

I guess that a good mount is a prerequisite at such a long focal length.

I own a Skymax 127 (and waiting to test a Skymax 180), at f/15 you will need longer exposures than with a f/5.6 refractor...

N.F.

• Danoglide63 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics