•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Canon T7i Question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kfox

kfox

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Eastern Iowa

Posted Yesterday, 07:21 PM

I have a Canon T7i that I just noticed the usb transfer cable cord does not connect to anything. Im guessing that it may be going bad. I tried using 4 different cords and tried connecting to a Mac and Windows with no luck. I first noticed it when the camera would not pop up on the ASI air pro. 

Is there any way to fix it or any trouble shooting ideas? I turned off the wifi function because ive heard that can cause problems.

Secondly, if there is no good way to fix the port, is it possible to connect to the asi air pro  with the mini hdmi port on the camera? I would get a mini hdmi to hdmi adapter and then a hdmi to usb adapter and connect it all together.

Any help would be great, thanks!

#2 galacticinsomnia

galacticinsomnia

Viking 1

• Loc: Pacific Northwest - Oregon

Posted Yesterday, 07:32 PM

What kind of computer are you hooking it up to where you first noticed the problem ?

Are you sure you are using MINI USB 2.0 Data Cables, and not Charging cables ?  Do you have the original Canon Cable ?

Are you loading any of the canon SDK ?

Was the camera working with USB and then suddenly stopped ?  If so what computer did it stop working with ?

Clear Skies !!

#3 kfox

kfox

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted Yesterday, 07:55 PM

What kind of computer are you hooking it up to where you first noticed the problem ?

Are you sure you are using MINI USB 2.0 Data Cables, and not Charging cables ?  Do you have the original Canon Cable ?

Are you loading any of the canon SDK ?

Was the camera working with USB and then suddenly stopped ?  If so what computer did it stop working with ?

Clear Skies !!

Ive tried a Macbook Pro (2019) and an old Lenovo laptop.

I am sure that I am using the right cord because it works with a Canon XTi DSLR.

No, I do not have the original cord, I bought this camera used about a year ago and never used the usb cable port. Now that I have the asi air pro, I tried hooking it up to it and I noticed that it wont show up on that or anything. Im guessing I got it used like that.

Not sure what you mean by "SDK" could you inform me?

No, did not suddenly stop, I never noticed if it worked or not before this.

#4 DJL

DJL

Viking 1

• -----

Posted Yesterday, 10:58 PM

It's not a great solution but the AAP can also drive DSLRs via the snap cable which is much the same as an intervalometer. This way the AAP can tell the camera what to do but can't see the results. I haven't tried this myself as the AAP worked with my DSLR.

• galacticinsomnia likes this

#5 kfox

kfox

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted Yesterday, 11:37 PM

It's not a great solution but the AAP can also drive DSLRs via the snap cable which is much the same as an intervalometer. This way the AAP can tell the camera what to do but can't see the results. I haven't tried this myself as the AAP worked with my DSLR.

That's better than nothing.

• galacticinsomnia likes this

#6 galacticinsomnia

galacticinsomnia

Viking 1

• Loc: Pacific Northwest - Oregon

Posted Today, 12:16 AM

Canon SDK etc doesn't apply if you are hooking up to Pi .

If you want to check your camera, you download the Canon Camera Control for your camera, which includes the SDK, and if you can control it from a windows machine, then its not a camera problem.  Check the firmware, and try in windows with canon software just to be sure it works.

The Intervalometer aspect is a good thing.  Not sure how much extra it costs or what is needed by the AAP, but I guess its better than nothing.

Clear Skies.

• kfox likes this

#7 kfox

kfox

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted Today, 07:52 PM

Canon SDK etc doesn't apply if you are hooking up to Pi .

If you want to check your camera, you download the Canon Camera Control for your camera, which includes the SDK, and if you can control it from a windows machine, then its not a camera problem.  Check the firmware, and try in windows with canon software just to be sure it works.

The Intervalometer aspect is a good thing.  Not sure how much extra it costs or what is needed by the AAP, but I guess its better than nothing.

Clear Skies.

Where do I download the Canon Camera Control?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics