•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New mount

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Driver1955

Driver1955

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted Yesterday, 07:48 PM

Don't know if this is the correct place for this post, but here goes. Recently purchased Celestron powerseeker 127 eq. Had an issue with the spring in the dec slo-mo adjustment. Spoke with Celestron help desk and was told the spring would be shipped to me free of charge. Remember this at most a $2 part. To my astonishment they sent a brand new EQmount. No charge! 

Gotta love it. 

• spacemunkee and Gen 1:16 like this

#2 spacemunkee

spacemunkee

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio

Posted Yesterday, 08:20 PM

Hmm.. One of the little rubber bumpers on the eyepeice tray of my Evolution mount came off. Perhaps I should see if they'll send me a new one.lol.gif

#3 sevenofnine

sevenofnine

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Santa Rosa, California

Posted Yesterday, 10:30 PM

Maybe they are trying to compete with Sky Watcher? I broke the foot on my All View Mount and wanted to buy another tripod leg. Customer Service sent me a new tripod at N/C! bow.gif

#4 Richard O'Neill

Richard O'Neill

Mercury-Atlas

Posted Yesterday, 11:04 PM

Somebody at Celestron messed up. Stay tuned, they'll probably ask for it to be returned.

#5 DSOGabe

DSOGabe

Viking 1

• Loc: El Paso, TX

Posted Today, 09:25 AM

When I bought my AVX mount it arrived with the hand controller bracket broken and one of the metal endcaps on the legs of the tripod was loose and kept falling off. That was enough for them to send me a completely new tripod! A pleasant surprise

#6 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted Today, 12:02 PM

Maybe some other lucky  customer that ordered and  paid for a brand new mount just received a brand new spring instead!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics