•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Wondering about upgrading my camera...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jvaboyjunior

jvaboyjunior

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 04 May 2021 - 11:17 PM

Hi there,

Currently using a ZWO ASI183MC Pro on an Esprit 100 ED mounted on an EQ6-R Pro. Am wondering about upgrading the camera to an ASI2600MC Pro. Any thoughts on upgrading to this camera with this telescope? I don't want to go mono, I just don't have the time to deal with filters and wheels and combining channels. Will I see much of a difference/improvement?

Thanks in advance

Mike

#2 dswtan

dswtan

Viking 1

• Loc: Morgan Hill, CA

Posted 04 May 2021 - 11:28 PM

You’ll get a much wider field of view. Make sure that’s what you want, especially if you are selling the 183. Because they are so different, having both as options is ideal.

#3 bobzeq25

bobzeq25

ISS

Posted 05 May 2021 - 12:47 AM

Hi there,

Currently using a ZWO ASI183MC Pro on an Esprit 100 ED mounted on an EQ6-R Pro. Am wondering about upgrading the camera to an ASI2600MC Pro. Any thoughts on upgrading to this camera with this telescope? I don't want to go mono, I just don't have the time to deal with filters and wheels and combining channels. Will I see much of a difference/improvement?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Have both.  It's a serious upgrade.  I think it's "worth it", that's always a personal call.

#4 jvaboyjunior

jvaboyjunior

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 May 2021 - 03:19 PM

Thank you! Wondering about the ASI6200MC Pro or am I just crazy? :-)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics