•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

HELP: ETX125 # 492 Manual Controller

Beginner Equipment Maksutov Meade Observing Catadioptric Accessories
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LU1AR

LU1AR

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 May 2021 - 06:10 PM

I own an ETX 125 PE, which uses an Autostar controller, full of buttons. But I usually only use it in manual mode -in an equatorial wedge- with the # 492 manual controller, which is configured -by means of a few small screws- to rotate in the correct direction for my hemisphere.
The fact is that I made many improvements, which include Lithium Batteries and other things; that I timely published in these forums.
Now I connect the controller and the telescope does not rotate. Responds to speed control and altazimuth controls; but it has no synchronous movement.
I remembered that when starting it, you had to select something by pressing "Menu" and see some flashing dots, one of which enabled that movement. I managed to get him to do it, by trial and error.
Interestingly, the manual does not mention it.
I would like someone to remind me how that was done, so I write it down.
Thanks.
Edgardo

imagen.png.cd8a7b221f080c4e8a32962c4e8ae

#2 OzAndrewJ

OzAndrewJ

Aurora

Posted 05 May 2021 - 06:37 PM

Gday Edgardo

Ref https://www.cloudyni...492-controller/

It has a section from a manual at the bottom that describes the process

Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia

• LU1AR likes this

#3 LU1AR

LU1AR

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 06 May 2021 - 10:20 AM

Gday Edgardo

Ref https://www.cloudyni...492-controller/

It has a section from a manual at the bottom that describes the process

Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia

Thanks Andrew: Your answer solved the problem for me. I see that also; you live in the correct hemisphere.
Regards.
Edgardo - Buenos Aires - Argentina.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beginner, Equipment, Maksutov, Meade, Observing, Catadioptric, Accessories

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics