•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

help with asiair pro

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Scouse

Scouse

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 May 2021 - 11:32 PM

Need help with the asiair pro, I polar align the mount and I can see that the mount is tracking, if i take a 20 sec exposure the stars look reasonably compact. When I turn on guiding I can sit and watch the guide star moving around and the values displayed on the graph quickly rise above 100 and go up to 200. I do not seem to be able to get it to stabilize. Any help would be greatly appreciated

• hornjs likes this

#2 jcheak

jcheak

Sputnik

• Loc: Lawrenceburg, KY

Posted 06 May 2021 - 06:53 AM

Following, same issue.

• hornjs likes this

#3 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 06 May 2021 - 07:27 AM

Moving from EAA  to Equipment for a potentially better fit.

#4 hornjs

hornjs

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Billings, MT

Posted 06 May 2021 - 10:06 AM

Check out this guide guys.  Very helpful with settings on guiding on the Asi Air Pro

https://eastwindastr...ession.html?m=1

• Scouse likes this

#5 Scouse

Scouse

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 06 May 2021 - 11:07 AM

Excellent, thank you hornjs

• hornjs likes this

#6 robc51

robc51

Sputnik

Posted 06 May 2021 - 11:54 AM

Usually when I have problems guiding I go ahead and clear the calibration info and let it calibrate again to fix the issue (time is limited at night most of the time and I just want to get to imaging.) I find that if you go to your target and then clear calibration and recalibrate I have had better results instead of sticking to Polaris after polar alignment. The article above is excellent. I’m using it to fine tune after calibration. I’ve had better luck with 500/300/300 for calibration/max Dec/max RA and aggressiveness around 70 but this all depends on your mount. I’m hoping to get the aggressiveness a lot lower after fine tuning based on that article. 

#7 jcheak

jcheak

Sputnik

Posted 06 May 2021 - 12:20 PM

Check out this guide guys.  Very helpful with settings on guiding on the Asi Air Pro

https://eastwindastr...ession.html?m=1

Thanks so much for this!

• hornjs likes this

#8 t-ara-fan

t-ara-fan

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: 50° 13' N

Posted 06 May 2021 - 01:23 PM

Has it ever worked?

Did you calibrate?

Did you rotate the guide camera after calibration i.e. took your system apart and put it back together?

#9 jcheak

jcheak

Sputnik

Posted 06 May 2021 - 01:35 PM

Has it ever worked?

Did you calibrate?

Did you rotate the guide camera after calibration i.e. took your system apart and put it back together?

My guiding has and does work with stand alone PHD II. with total RMS around.42 and that was with a rough polar alignment. With ASIAir Pro it cannot seem to keep locked on the guide star. I'm hoping that the information in the  previous posters link will help.

#10 Scouse

Scouse

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 06 May 2021 - 06:30 PM

Mine is new, as is the concept of guiding for me, so, no, it has not worked in the past and I realize that the last few days when I have been trying to get it running we  have had mostly below average seeing. So it may not be just me though the adequacy of the manual does not help

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics