•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Connecting Meade ETX 125 to a laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cyprus Stargazer

Cyprus Stargazer

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 06 May 2021 - 07:02 AM

Hi, I have a Meade ETX 125 telescope with a faulty handset.
I bought a laptop and loaded Ascom, EQmod and Stellarium and started setup.
First, I connected telescope to laptop with relevant cable and usb-ethernet connector.
One of the things requested is a comm. port number, there was no comm. port location in device manager. I then went into “Action” “Add legacy hardware” and followed the instructions. On completion I had a comm. Port 3 with a yellow triangle.
I continued setup entering comm. Port 3 I then clicked on ASCOM Connect which opens with the error message “Connect error; Port not available”
I have tried various ways of entering comm, port on to device manager without success.
Can anyone please help.

#2 nighty

nighty

Viking 1

• Loc: 75w39n

Posted 06 May 2021 - 07:32 AM

When I did this in the past, the computer was connected to the handset. The mount is only power supply, motors and encoders, nothing to drive the scope.

#3 Cyprus Stargazer

Cyprus Stargazer

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 May 2021 - 05:13 AM

Thank you for your help.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics