•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Filament and nice filaprom - 7 May 15 - 2200UTC

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jwestervelt

jwestervelt

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Phoenix, Arizona

Posted 07 May 2021 - 06:20 PM

Here is my haul from today's session.  Seeing was mediocre due to the heat, but the sky was very clear.

Thanks to Great Attractor for Stackistry and imppg.  Together with AstroDMX Capture, these round out all of the software that I need for capturing and processing images completely within Linux. I have not performed any post-processing, just leaving this as-is from imppg, mainly on account of poor focus on the left part of the image.  This is due in part to my current setup, and I'm needing an M42x0.75 female to M28.5x0.6 male adapter so i can directly attach my camera to my scope without relying upon the horrid 1.25" tube nonsense.

Lunt LS50, double-stacked, QHY5III178 with a small barlow threaded to the front so it fills out most of the sensor.

mbo0zua.jpg

• philmor56, R Botero, rigel123 and 5 others like this

#2 hopskipson

hopskipson

Gemini

• Loc: Queens, New Yawk, Light pollution Headquarters!

Posted 08 May 2021 - 09:16 AM

Very Nice disk!

#3 alvacouch

alvacouch

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Woburn, MA USA

Posted 08 May 2021 - 09:46 AM

I was observing visually with the same equipment at the same time and your picture depicts it well! 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics