•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

DSLR recommendations needed for an Apertura AD10 10" Dobsonian

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jotovibe

Jotovibe

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 May 2021 - 06:27 PM

I just upgraded my 8” Dobsonian to an Apertura AD10 10" Dobsonian.  Up until now my only experience with astrophotography was using my Iphone with a phone mount with pretty decent results. I am looking to take the next step and buying a DSLR Camera and asking for suggestions on which model would be good start to use with my Dobsonian but also with potential for growth . For the short term, I want to wet my feet and start with Planetary photography but can see myself moving into more advanced astrophotography down the road with a mount , new scope, etc. I am looking to spend around $1k. Thats my sweet spot bit have wiggle room . Any Dobsonian owners here  use a DSLR to take pictures with it? Thanks in advance .

#2 Gipht

Gipht

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Prescott Valley, AZ.

Posted 07 May 2021 - 08:09 PM

DSLR cameras have their sensors set back far enough in the camera, that  many visual reflectors can't obtain focus without adjusting the mirror location or using a barlow.

• Jotovibe likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics