•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron Power Tank --- it it only to power a scope?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 samm

samm

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 May 2021 - 10:22 AM

Is there any way the Celestron Lithium Power Tank can be used — with some kind of adapter — to power a telescope dew shield.

Or is it designed purely to power a scope.

thank you.

#2 Paul Skee

Paul Skee

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Orange County, CA (near Disneyland)

Posted 08 May 2021 - 11:01 AM

I have used the Power Tank Lithium Pro to power the mount and a dew heater. The Pro has the "cigar lighter" type of socket that I use for the heater, the remaining smaller connector powers the mount with the standard cable. Seems to work fine, I'm never out for more than about 4 hours or so. Can't say if the smaller Power Tank Lithium would be up to the task. May also require some type of splitter to do both, if the dew heater uses another type of connector.

• samm likes this

#3 rhart426

rhart426

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Southeastern Pennsylvania

Posted 08 May 2021 - 11:50 AM

It can power anything that takes 12VDC with the correct adapter.  You can buy one or make it yourself pretty easily.  Be forewarned that dew heaters can be power hogs and these branded power tanks have very low capacity.  Highly recommend measuring your power usage before trusting it to power everything all night.

• samm likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics