•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Thread adapter to connect ZWO 2" EFW to ASI071 MC?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DJL

DJL

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 May 2021 - 05:03 PM

Hi all ZWO filter wheel plus ASI071 MC owners - does everyone connect the two by bolting them together, or is there a screw thread adapter that will do this?

The EFW has an M54 female thread; the camera has an M42 female thread. Both come with assortments of spacers and thread adapters, but there is no combination of the parts in either box that will connect them. 

They can be connected with bolts that were supplied, but it's a long process:

- unscrew cover of EFW (8 screws)

- unscrew filter wheel ( 3 screws) OR remove one of the filters - without adding fingerprints

- now unscrew EFW from camera (4 screws) - I normally manage to do this through one of the filter holes

I would like to be able to switch optical train configurations quickly without setting aside time and space to do all of the above, invariably adding more dust into the filter wheel.

I think an M54 male to M42 male adapter could connect the two, but it's hard to find one that clearly states the gender of the threads. One possible candidate looked like it would add 2mm to the back space, and I'm not sure how significant that would be.

Any thoughts would be appreciated - clear skies.

#2 wcw

wcw

Vostok 1

• Loc: Red Hook, NY

Posted 08 May 2021 - 05:59 PM

edit: please ignore my post, I thought I found the adapter you are looking for but made a mistake.

Bill

Edited by wcw, 08 May 2021 - 06:04 PM.

• DJL likes this

#3 DJL

DJL

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 May 2021 - 11:48 PM

edit: please ignore my post, I thought I found the adapter you are looking for but made a mistake.

Bill

Thanks for looking. This is the one I found: https://agenaastro.c...apter-t-15.html

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics