•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mount Upgrade/Portability?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HSTeach

HSTeach

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 09 May 2021 - 10:47 AM

Hello,

I am looking for a smaller/portable mount versus my current Evolution 8" mount . I want it to be compatible with the ASIair pro and still be able to hold the 8" SCT or a smaller f/6 refractor. I am ok with Alt/Az but it could be a Eq mount. Any suggestions? I'd like to keep it under a grand ($1k) if possible. I am doing EAA and not really interested in Astrophotography. Just like to be more portable as i live in a apartment. I'd like to swap out the f/6 refractor and 8" SCT periodically.

Thanks, Phil

#2 Hesiod

Hesiod

Aurora

Posted 09 May 2021 - 11:07 AM

Well, it is truly hard to find something more portable than the EVO while retaining goto for less than 1000.

The only thing I can think of it is the SE, but personally judge the gain too marginal compared to the downsides for this to be worth the replacement.

If it is the tripod to bother you the most may try to replace just this piece, but do not think would be easy

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics