•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sky-Watcher Quattro Coma Corrector length?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 daveco2

daveco2

Vostok 1

• *----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Torrance, CA

Posted 09 May 2021 - 11:33 AM

Does anyone have the length of this corrector?  It has the lettering "F4/5 Coma Corrector Used on Reflectors" around the M48 end.

Or can anyone tell me if this is the same as the TS-Optics NEWTONIAN Coma Corrector 0.95x Maxfield - 3-element - 2" connection that TS recommends for their 6" F5 Newtonian?

Thanks,

David

#2 SandyHouTex

SandyHouTex

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Houston, Texas, USA

Posted 09 May 2021 - 12:01 PM

Does anyone have the length of this corrector?  It has the lettering "F4/5 Coma Corrector Used on Reflectors" around the M48 end.

Or can anyone tell me if this is the same as the TS-Optics NEWTONIAN Coma Corrector 0.95x Maxfield - 3-element - 2" connection that TS recommends for their 6" F5 Newtonian?

Thanks,

David

It’s 2 inche in diameter and measures 3 3/4 inches to the flange, which would be the insertion distance.  The threads on the other side, which is pretty short, looks to be 46mm.

#3 f300v10

f300v10

Viking 1

• Loc: Marietta, GA

Posted 09 May 2021 - 12:07 PM

I have the SW Quattro F4 CC, and it is a 4 element design, not 3.  TS does sell a version of the same unit, but it is not the one you are referring to, it's this one:

https://www.teleskop...connection.html

#4 SandyHouTex

SandyHouTex

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Houston, Texas, USA

Posted 09 May 2021 - 07:01 PM

I have the SW Quattro F4 CC, and it is a 4 element design, not 3.  TS does sell a version of the same unit, but it is not the one you are referring to, it's this one:

https://www.teleskop...connection.html

That looks identical to mine, except I didn’t try to unscrew the flange.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics