Last evening I am happy to say that at last I got everything up and running well except for the auto focus.
This was the 1st evening that I got the auto guider to work, even though I couldn't understand it.
My stall to a stand still the last couple of nights likely was due to my micro sd card being full.
I did try asking the INDI forum about the issue I had and after discovering the issue I found that I couldn't empty my trash bin to free this up, but I didn't hear back. I did an online search for emptying the trash can using a sudo script.
sudo rm -rf ~/.local/share/Trash/*, which removed all but one image that I placed in the trash bin.
After this I was able to capture images once again.
Next I ran into the same issue which I started this post about, I could not get a good polar alignment in the Stellar Solver.
I initially set the options profile to Default but this did not work.
I was able to try plate solving for Polaris and then once again I tried the Polar Alignment routine and it worked.
Even though this did work I tried another approach. I cleared the plate solve GoTo and went back to Park with the mount. I then tried by itself the option profile set at large and after a couple attempts with capturing the 1st image the polar align routine worked well with the large setting.
Lastly I was able to set up auto guiding, and it proved to be easy this time around. I'm anxious to see the difference with and without auto guiding.
That's where I'm at for now.