•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ASI2600MC First Light - Leo Triplet

Astrophotography CMOS DSO Imaging
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 N1ghtSc0p3

N1ghtSc0p3

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Texas

Posted 10 May 2021 - 11:02 PM

After surviving multiple storms (with some severe hail), I finally had a couple of nights to try out my new ASI2600MC Pro. I've rarely shot galaxies before, but figured I'd also use a new ATFF2 on the AT115EDT at native f/l of 805mm and see what I could get. 99 subs, collected over 4 & 5 May, culled to 90 and processed wholly in PI. 50 Darks, 60 Flats, 100 Bias. Flats taken with a Spike-A Flat panel, 1.75s for an average ADU of ~28k. Comments & critiques welcome! I've attached the annotated version (first time trying out the image solver and annotate image scripts -- shout out to @johnnybravo0311 for the tips on how to use the scripts), and linked to the AB page. Thanks for checking it out.

Leo Triplet Annotated_small2.jpg

Full size on Astrobin:

get.jpg?insecure

• Jim Waters, dmdouglass, R Botero and 8 others like this

#2 Ron (Lubbock)

Ron (Lubbock)

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Pittstown, NY

Posted 12 May 2021 - 12:03 PM

Hmmmm... Texas and severe hail bring back some great memories of the days when I lived in Lubbock.  People who don't live in that part of the world just don't understand what "severe hail" means.  It means there are bowling ball sized holes in the roof of your observatory dome (and sometimes your house).

Your image is better than what I managed on the Leo triplet on a slightly foggy Texas night back in 2013.  I was wondering if you have tried producing a version with the color saturation pumped up a bit.  I'd really like to see what this camera can do in terms of color if it's pushed.  With the ASI2600MM on back-order until the end of time, a lot of us are probably tempted by the color version.

#3 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----
  • Loc: Ajman - UAE

Posted 14 May 2021 - 07:37 PM

That is very nice from this camera, i like to see more images from people who have same this camera sensor a color version, i have one out of ZWO/QHY brands [it is a copy of ToupTek model], and i live under Bortle 7-9 sky, so you are lucky with better sky, an you used P2 after all, i have D2 for LED managing more, but sounds i will end up without filters or a regular lum.

Please image more and post more, let me get inspired and learn.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography, CMOS, DSO, Imaging

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics