•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Quick switching Mono/Bino viewing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ris242

ris242

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:03 PM

For those who have a refractor with a 100-120mm extension piece you can remove for bino viewing.

Instead of screwing the extension back in for single eyepiece use, or threading anything else into place.

Has anyone got a quick solution that you could do in the dark without too much hassle?

[ I am a fan of clicklock clamping as opposed to 3 screws - 120 degrees apart for tightening lol ]

I am considering getting 2 of these.........

https://www.teleskop...-mm-length.html

I could install one, add the diagonal, add the second one and I'm still not too far away from the focuser.

or if the viewing height is low stick in the diagonal first.

47mm x2 gets me to 94mm and usually I have ample travel back on my focuser.

#2 stevew

stevew

Now I've done it

• Loc: British Columbia Canada

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:28 PM

For those who have a refractor with a 100-120mm extension piece you can remove for bino viewing.

Instead of screwing the extension back in for single eyepiece use, or threading anything else into place.

Has anyone got a quick solution that you could do in the dark without too much hassle?

Leave the bino- viewer in place, and close one eye....

#3 TOMDEY

TOMDEY

Cosmos

• Loc: Springwater, NY

Posted 12 May 2021 - 09:21 PM

Actually, the Linear Binoviewer eliminates that step entirely --- it is parfocal with (the same) eyepiece only, and operates at unity amplification.    Tom

#4 ris242

ris242

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

Posted 12 May 2021 - 09:36 PM

Actually, the Linear Binoviewer eliminates that step entirely --- it is parfocal with (the same) eyepiece only, and operates at unity amplification.    Tom

Sorry I should have said I own a - Baader MaxBright II

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics