Then I tried to tune and starting to figure that out. Once I got focus on the larger of the sunspots (now with it's children near by) I started to dial in the tuning, I'm still working in single stack mode. Once I found a decent focus I tried a few attempts to image with my phone. That didn't work. Perhaps if I had 3 hands and was sturdier. Went for the slr. Too heavy and just couldn't get focus and at one point (and yes I stuck the camera with 1.25" nosepiece into the blocking filter diagonal), I loosened the focuser on the scope enough for the camera to take a dive off to the side. Luckily I caught it. Camera went back in, decided to try the asi290mm mini, firecapture and the laptop and ran into a snag.. didn't have a long enough USB a to USB c cable.
I had already tried the afocal adapter and it didn't work. Last ditch effort for that idea I used a cheapo 10mm plossl and got things as lined up as I could. The jpg compression did a number on this. The phone complaining lens dirty, use night mode etc. But I tried. To my surprise I got a slightly out of focus sunspot and on the full image a small prominence. I also did see the smaller sunspot ar2833. Didn't photograph well...
During my fiddling visually I did see some proms (they are pretty fleeting). The tuner I managed to get a smooth solar disc to finally start looking like a textured orange.
Still trying to figure out proper imaging. Still learning to look at the sun also. Thought about a new eyepiece a bit more high powered than the 7.5mm the lunt zoom offers.
Anyway I tried to edit this photo in gimp. The dark edge is I think a tree branch lol.
Edited by wxcloud, 12 May 2021 - 08:13 PM.