•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade wireless autostar HC

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bob midiri

bob midiri

Skylab

• topic starter
  • Loc: pa 19320

Posted 12 May 2021 - 09:42 PM

Good day, hopefully a member might be able to gjve me advice. My buttons are not so responsive esp the mode button. Is there a way to increase the responsiveness of the buttons? Thx in advance, Bob

Edited by bob midiri, 12 May 2021 - 09:43 PM.

#2 nitegeezer

nitegeezer

Galactic Ghost

Posted 12 May 2021 - 10:24 PM

The wireless controller was a product that was discontinued soon after it was released. The keys are the same technology as their other controllers so carefully cleaning the contacts helps. Be careful when you open it up. The battery contacts and the power switch do not have good mechanical support and they break the trace they are soldered to. I have had to make some pretty ugly repairs, but I still prefer it over the corded version!
  • bob midiri likes this

#3 michael8554

michael8554

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Wiltshire UK

Posted 13 May 2021 - 06:19 AM

Google for Meade Autostar button cleaning.

#4 bob midiri

bob midiri

Skylab

• topic starter
  • Loc: pa 19320

Posted 13 May 2021 - 07:23 AM

Google for Meade Autostar button cleaning.

Thankyou but Unfortunately only the corded versions came up on the search, Ive done the corded and it works wonders, but little afraid to attempt this one without knowing how to do it. Ill keep searching , thank you

Edited by bob midiri, 13 May 2021 - 07:39 AM.

#5 nitegeezer

nitegeezer

Galactic Ghost

Posted 13 May 2021 - 11:27 AM

The corded version comes up in the search because there are a lot of them out there. The wireless is the same technology, just be careful opening it up!!!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics