•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Post Your images of the 5-12-21 Super Young Moon - Venus Conjunction Here!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chrysalis

chrysalis

ISS

• topic starter
  • Loc: North Central NC

Posted 13 May 2021 - 03:46 AM

So we were clouded out here in north central NC due to a stubborn ENE air flow that dropped the high temperatures for the day to low 50s, much more than 20 degrees cooler than the "normal" 77 degree high, along with a persistent rain.

Please post your images of the 5-12-21 Super Young Moon - Venus Conjunction here for those of us whose skies were obscured!

Edited by chrysalis, 13 May 2021 - 03:14 PM.

• flt158 and retroman2 like this

#2 emh52

emh52

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Arizona

Posted 13 May 2021 - 09:27 AM

It was a nice, but brief sight in Tucson.  This is photo is with a nikon D850 and a nikon 500 pf, on a stationary tripod, much too low in the sky to use a mount.

Attached Thumbnails

• cloudy nights moon and venus.jpg

• Dave Mitsky, Special Ed, Illinois and 10 others like this

#3 Skyshooter

Skyshooter

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: S. Utah, U.S.A.

Posted 15 May 2021 - 09:51 AM

Very low in the sky here in Southern Utah. I had plans to take the image at another location but am happy I stuck with the Desert Mound area.

Much lower horizon. Had I chose the former area, probably wouldn't have got the shot...

Attached Thumbnails

• conjunction.jpg

• Dave Mitsky, Illinois, icomet and 5 others like this

#4 chrysalis

chrysalis

ISS

• topic starter
  • Loc: North Central NC

Posted 16 May 2021 - 03:15 AM

Very low in the sky here in Southern Utah. I had plans to take the image at another location but am happy I stuck with the Desert Mound area.

Much lower horizon. Had I chose the former area, probably wouldn't have got the shot...

Well that's just a fantastic shot bow.gif !!!

Edited by chrysalis, 16 May 2021 - 03:15 AM.

#5 Bill Barlow

Bill Barlow

Aurora

• Loc: Overland Park KS

Posted 16 May 2021 - 11:37 AM

Excellent pictures of this conjunction.  I got to see this with my 10x50 binoculars, very nice view.  I don’t think I’ve seen a crescent moon that small before, only 1-2% illuminated.

Bill

#6 Dave Mitsky

Dave Mitsky

ISS

• Moderators
  • Loc: PA, USA, Planet Earth

Posted 16 May 2021 - 12:53 PM

Clouds have prevented me from seeing Mercury or Venus so far.  The young crescent Moon was visible the past two nights, however.

Here's a hand-held afocal shot of the 3.8-day-old waxing crescent Moon and the third-magnitude star Epsilon Geminorum (Mebsuta) that I took last night using an iPhone, a 5" f/5 achromatic refractor, and a 30mm Explore Scientific 70-degree eyepiece.

Attached Thumbnails

• 3.8-day-old Moon and Mebsuta 5-inch 5-15-21 IMG_3985 Processed Rotated.jpg

• chrysalis likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics