•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ASIAir Pro Orion Atals EQ-G connections

Accessories Equipment Mount Orion
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jax_Images

Jax_Images

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 13 May 2021 - 08:45 AM

Hi well I’ve been searching the different threads and forums for the past couple of days looking for some answers. I won’t bore you with the background, but the simple version of the problem is: I am trying to get an ASIAIr Pro up and running on an Orion Atlas EQ-G mount, the version w/o the USB connections. Here is some background:

1. I I have an ASIAIR Pro with the latest firmware update.
2. I have purchased the USB2EQ6 Interface Cable (DB-9 connector) from Shoestring Astronomy.
3. I have a basic Orion Auto guider scope/camera
4. I have successfully used PHD2 (on a Mac) to get good images at 700mm and 600 sec.
5. I have currently have a V4 SynScan HC. I’ve lost the Firmware/Pc connect cable and replacements are unavailable
6. I have ordered a V5 SynScan HC
7. Using Nikon DSLR and long lenses. The ASIAIr connects and works fine with my camera

Questions:
1. Will the USB2EQ6 cable be all I need to eliminate the HC  and use all the ASIAIr functions? Esp. plate solving, GOTO functions.
2. Is it true that the ASIAIr Pro will only work with ZWO Auto guider cameras?
3. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Atlas EQ-G and ASIAIr Pro with cables labeled?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Accessories, Equipment, Mount, Orion

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics