Hi well I’ve been searching the different threads and forums for the past couple of days looking for some answers. I won’t bore you with the background, but the simple version of the problem is: I am trying to get an ASIAIr Pro up and running on an Orion Atlas EQ-G mount, the version w/o the USB connections. Here is some background:
1. I I have an ASIAIR Pro with the latest firmware update.
2. I have purchased the USB2EQ6 Interface Cable (DB-9 connector) from Shoestring Astronomy.
3. I have a basic Orion Auto guider scope/camera
4. I have successfully used PHD2 (on a Mac) to get good images at 700mm and 600 sec.
5. I have currently have a V4 SynScan HC. I’ve lost the Firmware/Pc connect cable and replacements are unavailable
6. I have ordered a V5 SynScan HC
7. Using Nikon DSLR and long lenses. The ASIAIr connects and works fine with my camera
1. Will the USB2EQ6 cable be all I need to eliminate the HC and use all the ASIAIr functions? Esp. plate solving, GOTO functions.
2. Is it true that the ASIAIr Pro will only work with ZWO Auto guider cameras?
3. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Atlas EQ-G and ASIAIr Pro with cables labeled?