•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

What targets with Canon 24-70mm and Rokinon 135mm?

Astrophotography DSLR Equipment
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Boven

Boven

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Italy

Posted 14 May 2021 - 05:02 AM

I'll be using the Star Adventurer this summer along with a 24-70mm f/4 and a 135mm f/2 so I was wonder what can I capture at these focal lenghts that is not hydrogen-alpha only, because I don't have a Modded DSLR (so Heart and Soul and California Nebula for example are a no-no). 

A few things that come to mind are the R CrA Nebula in Corona Australis, Rho Oph region, Andromeda Galaxy maybe even Sadr and other regions in Cygnus.

Also I'll be shooting from a few locations that are Bortle 1 to Bortle 3-4 so very faint widefield regions (like the Barnard's E maybe?) should be fun.

#2 t-ara-fan

t-ara-fan

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: 50° 13' N

Posted 14 May 2021 - 05:29 PM

This thing about "you can't get Ha unless you have a modded camera" is an old wives tale cranky old astronomers tale.

Your camera will capture 1/3 of the Ha, not 100% like a modded camera.  But it definitely shows.   And with very dark skies you will capture Ha.

You have a good list of targets. I would add the North America Nebula to your list.  And try the Heart and Soul, and California.     There are some great wide-field shots from California to the M45 showing IFN. 

Edited by t-ara-fan, 14 May 2021 - 05:29 PM.

• Boven likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography, DSLR, Equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics