•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestar Deluxe PEC - Need Replacement Recording Chip

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 1loosetooth

1loosetooth

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: San Diego, CA

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:03 AM

Hi, I just discovered that my Celestar Deluxe mount's PEC chip only records for 4 minutes, when I've read that the worm period is 5:30.  Apparently this is a known defect and Celestron offered replacement chips in the late '90s/early 2000s to extend the PEC recording time to 5:30.  

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get my hands on a replacement chip?  Since I have PEC, I would like it to be fully functionable.

Thanks!

#2 Geo.

Geo.

Vendor - Nexstar Parts

• Vendors
  • Loc: Upstate NY

Posted 16 May 2021 - 07:39 AM

Oh that makes sense. The Ultima PEC, from which the Celestar Deluxe's electronics were derived had a 4 minute worm period. I don't think a chip will help. The timing of the worm period recording has to be controlled by the microcontroller's firmware. I don't think the Tangent firmware was ever made public. 

Attached is an example of C++ code for the Pec function. You can see it sets the parameters for the length of the data collection.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Pec.txt   9.92KB   1 downloads

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics