•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

A Great Success Story...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ChiTownXring

ChiTownXring

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: Sugar Grove, IL

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:16 AM

I first looked through a telescope in September of 2020 and like many others before me I decided that I wanted to take pictures of DSOs I had some ups and downs but several months ago I purchased a Skywatcher EQ6R-Pro and then my ES ED102-FCD100 but here is where everything that I have added to my rig has just been awesome and simply works. I want to thank everyone involved in putting together and maintaining N.I.N.A  as I added the ASI1600MM Pro and it just works, I then added the COAG with ASI120MM and it just works (.05 RMS), I then added the ASI 8 Position Filter wheel and it just works, I then added the ASI EAF and it just works and last night I programmed the Auto Meridian Flip, pause imaging, flip, platesolve, continue sequence and it just works. I then configured that at the end of the sequence to warm the camera and park the scope and once again it just works. Needless to say I am one happy camper and I know what you’re thinking “show me your images” to which I say, they are coming soon so stay tuned and I hope my good luck rubs off on all of you and may you all have clear skies..

-=E=-

• Dynan and jonnybravo0311 like this

#2 sdeming

sdeming

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Charlotte, North Carolina - USA

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:23 AM

I first looked through a telescope in September of 2020 and like many others before me I decided that I wanted to take pictures of DSOs I had some ups and downs but several months ago I purchased a Skywatcher EQ6R-Pro and then my ES ED102-FCD100 but here is where everything that I have added to my rig has just been awesome and simply works. I want to thank everyone involved in putting together and maintaining N.I.N.A  as I added the ASI1600MM Pro and it just works, I then added the COAG with ASI120MM and it just works (.05 RMS), I then added the ASI 8 Position Filter wheel and it just works, I then added the ASI EAF and it just works and last night I programmed the Auto Meridian Flip, pause imaging, flip, platesolve, continue sequence and it just works. I then configured that at the end of the sequence to warm the camera and park the scope and once again it just works. Needless to say I am one happy camper and I know what you’re thinking “show me your images” to which I say, they are coming soon so stay tuned and I hope my good luck rubs off on all of you and may you all have clear skies..

-=E=-

Great post! So glad things are "working" for you the way you wish them to. That's an awesome feeling. Keep it up and can't wait to see your images!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics