•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Light Frames ASI533MC M81

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 astrohound24

astrohound24

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Western Kentucky

Posted 15 May 2021 - 12:14 AM

Meade 70mm Astrograph on EQ6R
These look goofy colored to me but I have been so used to a DSLR for so long that I may just not know. These were 300 seconds unguided. I have some of M101 that I did guide tonight that I can post also. I had the gain set at 50 tonight because well who knows lol. I am basically lost on this dedicated astrocamera except for going through the forums and reading. The other night I set it at unity gain. I see no way to set offset in the ASIAir Pro app. I am sort of winging it here but sometimes that’s the only way I learn.

Here is a link to maybe a better resolution. These are jpegs I saved off my phone. I don’t have my computer with me tonight so this is all I have. Sorry about the satellite but just mainly curious about this weird color. If it’s not weird and this is what these look like before processing then that would be fine too.

https://drive.google...ew?usp=drivesdk

Attached Thumbnails

• DB104051-7249-4915-BE35-A7515EFA395A.jpeg

Edited by astrohound24, 15 May 2021 - 12:35 AM.

#2 astrohound24

astrohound24

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 15 May 2021 - 12:36 AM

M101

#3 bobzeq25

bobzeq25

ISS

Posted 15 May 2021 - 12:37 AM

Meade 70mm Astrograph on EQ6R
These look goofy colored to me but I have been so used to a DSLR for so long that I may just not know. These were 300 seconds unguided. I have some of M108 that I did guide tonight that I can post also. I had the gain set at 50 tonight because well who knows lol. I am basically lost on this dedicated astrocamera except for going through the forums and reading. The other night I set it at unity gain. I see no way to set offset in the ASIAir Pro app. I am sort of winging it here but sometimes that’s the only way I learn.

Here is a link to maybe a better resolution. These are jpegs I saved off my phone. I don’t have my computer with me tonight so this is all I have. Sorry about the satellite but just mainly curious about this weird color. If it’s not weird and this is what these look like before processing then that would be fine too.

Color is something you adjust in processing.  The fact that an unprocessed sub has funny looking color is utterly irrelevant.

300 seconds at gain 50 is very likely to be overexposed (which messes up color).  Modern CMOS cameras with low read noise require much shorter subs than many think.  You'd need incredibly dark skies for that exposure to be correct.  Good discussion here.

https://www.youtube....h?v=3RH93UvP358

I can't remotely analyze exposure quantitatively with a stretched jpg.

Offset is quite non-critical, 50 should be fine.

Edited by bobzeq25, 15 May 2021 - 12:39 AM.

• astrohound24 likes this

#4 astrohound24

astrohound24

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 15 May 2021 - 12:48 AM

Thanks Bob. Cool that is mainly what I was curious about was the color. I am just used to seeing pink colored images on my modified DSLR. I will proceed on. I am happy to report that all my equipment is working well. Plate solving and centering these targets is amazing to me coming from a star tracker. I was also happy to see a good field of round stars. I take successes where I can.
  • bobzeq25 likes this

#5 astrohound24

astrohound24

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 15 May 2021 - 12:50 AM

I also kind of figured I was shooting too long on the subs. It’s about Bortle 4.5 here at the house. Of course that is subjective as it can be I know.

#6 cybermayberry

cybermayberry

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 15 May 2021 - 04:47 PM

Use unity gain on the 533mcpro. Nice sweet spot for that camera.
  • astrohound24 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics