•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Possible HC LCD Screen Repair Solution

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kg74

kg74

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 15 May 2021 - 12:37 AM

Over on the Meade Forum, see here:  https://www.cloudyni...-display-blank/ members were discussing the repair of failed Meade 497 HCs.

See my posts #s 24, 25, and 26.

Summary:  My Meade 497 had a failed screen.  In the process of replacing said screen, out of curiosity, I removed the screen from my dead Celestron verision 4 HC and plugged it into my Meade 497 HC.  It fired up and worked.  I did not run the two power wires that the Celestron has though.  I would think for this repair, one would use these two wires for the 16 wire replacement, using them for the power and ground of the LCD described.

So it appears if one has a failed Celestron HC of 14 wire ribbon cable design the Meade solution described in above link should work.  It is not pretty as the screen protrudes, but is a $10 option for those with solder skills and a failed screen.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics