•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sony A6500, ASCOM driver and NINA problems. Any suggestions?

Equipment Imaging
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 djardi

djardi

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 May 2021 - 01:33 AM

I am new to astrophotography. NINA works well with my mount and focuser through their ASCOM drivers. The problem is with my camera, a Sony A6500. NINA can take only a single image with an exposure time of less than 60 seconds. If I try to take an image longer than that, NINA freezes and both NINA and the camera must be restarted. The error says "Camera timeout - Camera did not set image as ready after exposuretime + 60 seconds". If I try to take a sequence with exposures less than 60 seconds, it takes one or two images and then locks up with a different error.

I am using the latest version (v 1.0.0.26) of this ASCOM driver (https://github.com/d...ki/Installation), NINA v 1.10 and Windows 10, 64 bit. My camera is set to manual mode, bulb, and ISO 1250. The ASCOM driver is set with NINA as the target application. When my camera is connected, the ASCOM driver correctly recognizes my camera and its settings.

I really like NINA and would be reluctant to abandon it. I would like to use this camera until I gain more experience. I am happy to use any ASCOM driver that works. Does anyone have a Sony A6500 that you use with NINA? If so, I would be eager to learn how you did it.

#2 Birddogoby

Birddogoby

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Poulsbo, WA

Posted 15 May 2021 - 01:41 AM

Have you tried running the problem by NINA’s technical support group through their Discord forum?  They provide excellent support.

#3 djardi

djardi

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 May 2021 - 01:50 AM

That is a good suggestion. I will post this there, also.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Equipment, Imaging

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics