•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

What Win10 softwares are needed to run The SkyX and Stellarium?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yenal

Yenal

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: North Cyprus

Posted 15 May 2021 - 02:15 AM

Hi all,

I don't know what I did exactly, may be I deleted a software package in Win10 that is used to run Stellarium, but I realised that Stellarium do not start at all. The Sky6 works fine but while The SkyX opens, it shows blank black screen. I think the reason is same with the Stellariums. Do you have any idea what shall I do? which softwares should be present in win10 for these graphical based softwares to work? 

Thanks in advance.

Yenal Ogmen

#2 pyrasanth

pyrasanth

Skylab

Posted 15 May 2021 - 03:09 AM

Start by using the instructions here https://support.micr...a3-966e85d4094e

It is also possible that either the required DLL libraries are damaged or incomplete. The other easier recourse would be a reinstallation of Windows 10 if you can't easily resolve with the checker above. Sometimes it can take more time to fix an issue than to simply reinstall.

• Yenal likes this

#3 blakesphere

blakesphere

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Toronto, Ontario

Posted 15 May 2021 - 09:52 AM

Why don't you do a video driver search, get the latest version, and reinstall the video board software. That might fix everything.

• Yenal likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics