•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Texas Star Party 1995-1999 video done

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Joe F Gafford

Joe F Gafford

Aurora

• ****-
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Denver, Colorado, US

Posted 15 May 2021 - 07:19 AM

I got the HD slide show video of the TSP of 1995, 1996, 1998 and 1999. The 1997 event was off the ranch at Leakey, TX. I did not attend the 1997 event. Some more memories! The TSP 1991-1994 video is on my YouTube "Star Parties" playlist. Two more videos coming up to 2007, the last time I attended TSP. RIP, Barbara.

https://youtu.be/lH1S4q6ZhoQ

Joe

• Retsub, jim kuhns and EVS like this

#2 gwfbmd

gwfbmd

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: DC

Posted 18 May 2021 - 11:29 AM

I love that multicolored tent observatory!  Thanks for the old pictures.

#3 Joe F Gafford

Joe F Gafford

Aurora

• ****-
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Denver, Colorado, US

Posted 18 May 2021 - 04:08 PM

Thank you for the comment. The TSP 1991 was the first field test of this portable dome design. Tweaks of the structure over time to make the design better. The wearing out of the covers due to sunlight on the nylon was the cause of the different cover designs over time. I use this at the club's DSS as well. It keeps the wind off the scope. I also sleep in the dome next to the scope at the star parties.

Joe

• gwfbmd likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics