•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Baader Amici Prism Diagonal for Solar- Review

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cptbobrfh

cptbobrfh

Messenger

• topic starter
  • Loc: Walden N.Y.

Posted 15 May 2021 - 07:27 AM

I tested the Baader 2" Amici Prism Diagonal on my Lunt Engineering 102mm ED refractor with my Quark Chromosphere to obtain correct image of Sun, orientated like GONG images and this is my review:

First,it is a BEAUTIFULLY machined diagonal.

I used it with William Optics Binoviewer and matched 32mm and 25mm Plossls.

I compared it with another 2" Di-Electric diagonal.

Result: I see NO DIFFERENCE between the 2 diagoanals,with,of course,NOW the Suns image is correctly orientated, no East-West flip.

I highly recommend this for those looking to see up close,correct image views of our Sun,using a Quark and a refractor.

Bob

Edited by cptbobrfh, 15 May 2021 - 07:29 AM.

• BYoesle, philmor56, Astrojensen and 6 others like this

#2 gwlee

gwlee

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: 38N 120W

Posted 19 May 2021 - 02:17 AM

I tested the Baader 2" Amici Prism Diagonal on my Lunt Engineering 102mm ED refractor with my Quark Chromosphere to obtain correct image of Sun, orientated like GONG images and this is my review:

First,it is a BEAUTIFULLY machined diagonal.

I used it with William Optics Binoviewer and matched 32mm and 25mm Plossls.

I compared it with another 2" Di-Electric diagonal.

Result: I see NO DIFFERENCE between the 2 diagoanals,with,of course,NOW the Suns image is correctly orientated, no East-West flip.

I highly recommend this for those looking to see up close,correct image views of our Sun,using a Quark and a refractor.

Bob

My Badder 2” AMICI prism lives in my 72mm f6 since I bought it a few years ago. Seems to work as well as my 2” TV mirror diagonal for anything I view with this scope, so no reason not to leave it installed. Mostly view at 62x and below with this scope though, but occasionally barlow to 124x. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics