•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

easy alignment

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Julian Sanz

Julian Sanz

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 May 2021 - 06:32 AM

hi, I have the 4.2G firmware in my lx200gps, before when I do easy alignment, the tube goes to polaris, I center, give enter, and the later adviser looks for the automatic star to advise a star to align, but for days he did not advise me star, having to be the one to look for it in the sky, why would that happen? Thanks

#2 AF7JQ

AF7JQ

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Concho Valley, Arizona 6500Ft ASL

Posted 16 May 2021 - 02:42 PM

Are you using the scope in Polar or ALT/AZ?

#3 Julian Sanz

Julian Sanz

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 May 2021 - 05:04 PM

Hi, polar.

#4 nitegeezer

nitegeezer

Galactic Ghost

Posted 16 May 2021 - 05:17 PM

I have never encountered that issue. If your scope is permanently mounted in an observatory, you can park your scope so the next time you use it there will be no alignment needed. I do this with my scope. I pull the scope for the winter, so I have to align in the spring when I put it back in the observatory. That is the only time I align the scope, the rest of the time I just park it when I shut down and then turn it on and it is ready to go.
  • Julian Sanz likes this

#5 AF7JQ

AF7JQ

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Concho Valley, Arizona 6500Ft ASL

Posted 16 May 2021 - 06:37 PM

On my LX600 which uses similar firmware I have been told to only use ONE STAR aligns. I know that a TWO Star fails badly, and I could never get the easy align to work from the start. Try that and see how it works for you.

• kzar likes this

#6 Julian Sanz

Julian Sanz

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 May 2021 - 04:40 AM

En mi LX600 que usa un firmware similar, me han dicho que use solo alineaciones ONE STAR. Sé que un TWO Star falla gravemente, y nunca pude conseguir que la alineación fácil funcionara desde el principio. Pruébelo y vea cómo funciona para usted.

Hi, the problem stems from the fact that for days when doing Easy Polar Alignment (Easy Polar Alignment), or One-Star Polar Alignment, once polaris is centered .. then it offers me a library of stars for me choose one, and finish the alignment, before after centering polaris then the lx200 automatically looked for me, a star, not now, now I have to choose.

Edited by Julian Sanz, 17 May 2021 - 04:43 AM.

#7 Davensocal

Davensocal

Explorer 1

• Loc: Upstate NY

Posted 17 May 2021 - 07:55 AM

I might be off topic here..

I believe there is a setting for bright star vs a list of named stars.  Could it be this setting was mysteriously changed?

Please check under Utilities > Brightest Star > off/on

note: this may be a star patch specific option :-)

#8 Julian Sanz

Julian Sanz

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 May 2021 - 03:52 PM

Hi,solved. recharge with StarPatch. thank you very much to all.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics