•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Potential Problems with New ASCOM Version with Guide Cam Drivers

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bigdan

Bigdan

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Panacea, FL

Posted 16 May 2021 - 08:55 AM

Has anyone else experienced this?  I downloaded/installed  ASCOM 6.5SP1 (ALPACA), and am using it to run my two guide cameras through PHD2.  It is awfully coincidental that I am having camera problems with both cameras after installing the new ASCOM.  And I have installed the latest QHY and ZWO drivers.  I am running a QHY 5III 178m mini and a ZWO ASI 174m mini.  With the QHY, it takes a really long time to connect to camera once you click connect.  Then, at the beginning of the evening, an image is shown, but it is way overexposed/very light in color, even though I know Sirius is centered in the FOV.  With the ZWO, it sometimes won't let me connect to the camera..... I get an ASCOM error message that says ZWO camera 2 driver does not have the specified parameters, and that's not even the camera driver I'm using.  I set up the camera 2 driver with darks in PHD2, tried running it.... it won't run, so went back to the camera 1 driver.  I suppose I can run the ASCOM Diagnostic Tool, choose and connect to the drivers I am using with PHD2,  and report back on here what the results are.

With the ZWO, I can either stop, disconnect, re-connect, or close PHD2 and re-Open it, and the ASCOM error then does not show up, and the camera works fine, like nothing ever happened.

At this point, I'm just wondering if others have had guide camera problems after installing the new ASCOM, and what was done about it.

Thanks a lot.

Dan 

Edited by Bigdan, 16 May 2021 - 09:11 AM.

• Hobby Astronomer likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics