•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Is there a Solar Eclipse Filter for Rokinon 135mm f/2

Accessories Astrophotography DSLR Eclipse Equipment Filters Observing Solar
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainRMWExplorer

CaptainRMWExplorer

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 May 2021 - 12:02 PM

I’m trying to capture the Annular Eclipse Happening May 26, 2021.

I have a Rokinon 135mm f/2 Lens and a Canon T3i.

Does anyone know of a solar eclipse filter that can be put on the Lens or inside of the camera.

Thanks for helping 

#2 ravenhawk82

ravenhawk82

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 16 May 2021 - 12:13 PM

Telescope solar filters will work fine for a camera lens, you just need one that's the right size. Orion, Astrozap, Baader, and other companies all make filters that cover the front element and are held in place with set screws. For example: https://optcorp.com/...-73-79mm-filter

You just need to measure how wide the front of your lens is so you get one that'll fit it. You can usually find film and glass options. Both will work and film is cheaper, but glass filters are much more robust. A tiny tear in a film filter can be devastating so I'd get a glass filter if you can afford it.

• CaptainRMWExplorer likes this

#3 ravenhawk82

ravenhawk82

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 16 May 2021 - 12:15 PM

Side note- May 26 '21 will be a lunar eclipse. The next annular solar eclipse is on June 10th.

#4 CaptainRMWExplorer

CaptainRMWExplorer

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 May 2021 - 12:31 PM

Telescope solar filters will work fine for a camera lens, you just need one that's the right size. Orion, Astrozap, Baader, and other companies all make filters that cover the front element and are held in place with set screws. For example: https://optcorp.com/...-73-79mm-filter

You just need to measure how wide the front of your lens is so you get one that'll fit it. You can usually find film and glass options. Both will work and film is cheaper, but glass filters are much more robust. A tiny tear in a film filter can be devastating so I'd get a glass filter if you can afford it.

Ok great. Thank you I’ll check them out and see if They don’t have a back order. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Accessories, Astrophotography, DSLR, Eclipse, Equipment, Filters, Observing, Solar

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics