•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

AT72ED Flatteners

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Scdouglas

Scdouglas

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Newtown Square, PA

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:52 AM

So it seems the two field flatteners for the AT72ED are out of stock and the people at astronomics tell me they won't be back until August. Well that's not very useful for all the summer nebulae so I'm looking for another one. Does anyone have experience with any other flatteners/reducers that work with this scope? I've seen the Hotech SCA flattener and the .8x Orion one as well that seem to have anecdotal success with this scope. Can anyone vouch for these or recommend a different one? 

Honestly if they work but aren't' perfect that's ok as well, the scope is unusable without one for AP so if I need to I'll buy one that almost works perfectly now and sell it down the line for the official one. 

#2 Midnight Dan

Midnight Dan

Voyager 1

• Loc: Hilton, NY, Yellow Zone (Bortle 4.5)

Posted 17 May 2021 - 11:17 AM

So it seems the two field flatteners for the AT72ED are out of stock and the people at astronomics tell me they won't be back until August. Well that's not very useful for all the summer nebulae so I'm looking for another one. Does anyone have experience with any other flatteners/reducers that work with this scope? I've seen the Hotech SCA flattener and the .8x Orion one as well that seem to have anecdotal success with this scope. Can anyone vouch for these or recommend a different one? 

Honestly if they work but aren't' perfect that's ok as well, the scope is unusable without one for AP so if I need to I'll buy one that almost works perfectly now and sell it down the line for the official one. 

PM sent.

-Dan

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics