M8 was the first project for my rig since putting the last pieces together and testing, and the subs from this looked pretty good. I processed this shot several different ways, including a Hubble conversion that I thought came out pretty good even with the lack of OIII due to using my L-eXtreme; but, the nebulosity was fantastic so I may have to revisit M8 later with a L-eNhance instead. At this time though, I'm done and happy with the results.
Processing was a steep learning curve the past week or so, I got to meet elmiko in person one of my nights out and had a good time, (a really nice guy too,) and who spent the night dropping nuggets of information that bridged a lot of gaps and solved problems for me, so I got to put a couple of new tools in my Pixinsight bag that really helped with this shot.
300" x 35 (guided)
420" x 49 (guided)
Darks, bias, and flats
Multiscale linear transformation for noise
Extract luminance and adjust with curves, if necessary
LRGB combination with saturation to taste
Starnet to remove stars
Curves to taste
Pixelmath to re-add stars
Levels, curves, saturation, adjusting, playing, tweaking, etc.
I'm always looking to improve, so your C&C is welcome.
Edited by BRIMoPho, 17 May 2021 - 01:42 PM.